Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Musings on Kara


It wasn't until I saw her for the last time that I realized: I'm seeing her for the last time. And it kind of hit home, you know. Like when you favorite restaurant closes down. Or the carnival packs up an leaves town...but way more emotional and crap. Sometimes you don't know how good you got it until you ain't got it. It's like when the electricity goes out, and it sucks all your life out with it. Of course, when the power goes out, you suddenly think boardgames are the BEST THING EVER. But somehow, not having Kara is going to be different. Like old people dying in their homes with no AC different. It's gonna be BAD.

So buck up, I tells myself. Keep a stiff upper lip. Even if your upper lip is get wet from your leaky eyes. And if you were a woman, you'd have to worry about your Tammy Faye mascara running everywhere. But your not a woman, damn it. Pull yourself together soldier. GET A GRIP! This is the first post of many devoted to the life. the times, and joy that is my Kera. My precious, lovely, caring Kara. I care.

No comments: